This article was provided by John Hennessey and is from The Church Journal, a NY paper. It’s an appeal for funds for St. George’s in the aftermath of the war from Rev. Magruder Maury. See the left column:
Epilogue – From Quenzel’s history in 1865 -“One of its first actions [Vestry] was to send Maury north to collect funds for “our dismantled sanctuary”. He obtained $514 in New York City and $900 in Cold Spring, New York with a promise of further aid. Maury was appointed a full rector in September, 1865.”
Here’s the PDF file
Comments are closed.