A series of articles on the creation of the current church.
At the conclusion of the construction, Rev. McGuire reported to the Annual Convention of the Episcopal Church in 1849:
There is still reason for acknowledging the good hand of our God, in the condition of this parish. We have shared the encouraging tokens of his grace and goodness. The undertaking reported to the last Convention has issued in the completion of a new Church, large and commodious, gratifying the taste in its architectural beauty and promising much advantage to us in prosperity and growth. The builders have been paid, leaving us without debt.