More support for Robert Cary Long as St. George’s architect who practiced in Baltimore with examples of workers for St. George’s hired from Baltimore:
During the 1981 renovation, Barbara Willis noted the following names written in chalk and covered on the right hand stair wall in the narthex, June, 1981.
William Gilill (W H G)
James Burham, Plasterer, Baltimore, 1849
The Free Lance-Star did an article on the discovery.
Comments are closed.