This was before the church was consecrated in 1849.
In the 1849, Annual Convention,the Rev.Edward McGuire reported “There is still reason for acknowledging the good hand of God, in the condition of this parish. We have shared the encouraging tokens of his grace and goodness. The undertaking reported to the last Convention has issued the completion of a new Church, large and commodious, gratifying the taste in its architectural beauty and promising much advantage to us in prosperity and growth. The builders have been paid, leaving us without debt.”