Contractors for the 1854 fire – Historical Fredericksburg Foundation

Rev. McGuire wrote at the 60th Virginia Convention in 1855.

Our church was partially consumed by fire in July last. It has been repaired with renovated beauty and convenience. Spacious side galleries has been erected, furnishing, with the ground floor, sitting for about 800 persons. In this time souls have been added to the Church, of such as, we trust, will be forever saved.”