Below is a rare find with the list of the parishioners with pews at the beginning of the second church. We learn there was one gallery on the south side (George St. side but no other galleries mentioned).
There appear to have been 59 pews. All were bought except for 15,16,17,43 which were rented for a year. (No mention of 44).
56,57,58,59 were double pews.
12 were rented in the south gallery. In the third church there were no pews rented in the west gallery which would have existed in 1849. (The side galleries were added in 1854).
In the archives there are pew rentals 1818-1820 in the early days of the second church:
Comments are closed.